If you are looking for a position in the field of sales, read and live by these cover letter samples featuring some of the most basic elements that recruiters look for in a sales cover letter. Customise them accordingly to fit your specific needs and qualifications.
Cover Letter Sample 1 (Entry Level, Print Copy)
This cover letter sample shows the proper format if you submit your cover letter in print form. In this case, the letter should be formatted as a formal business letter which includes a letterhead, date, inside address, salutation and complimentary close.
3 November 2015
Ms Ann Chan
Writing Tip: If you are a fresh graduate, or if you lack experience in the field that you are applying for, it is best to point up the experience and qualities that make you suitable for the job. In this cover letter sample, the candidate showcases his skills by telling his experience and achievements as a student and an athlete. Although he is new to the field of sales, he could impress the hiring manager with his optimistic tone and by indicating that he is a quick learner.
Cover Letter Sample 2 (Experienced, Email Copy)
This cover letter shows the proper format if you submit your cover letter through email. Unlike a formal business letter, a cover email only requires a salutation at the beginning and an email signature at the bottom that includes your name, address and contact information.
Email Subject: Peter Lee, Medical Sales Representative Position
Writing Tip: Beside having the cover letter properly formatted, it is essential for you to clearly communicate your key accomplishments and skills that are relevant to the position you are applying for. The best way to do so is to use bullet points to outline or summarise your skill set, or to convey the value of your accomplishments in numerical form (e.g. percentages).
NOTE: These application letter samples are for reference only. All information provided should be considered as fictional.
7 common mistakes you might be making on your resume
Tips for job seekers to stand out from the crowd
How to negotiate for your salary during job interview
How do you rate your employer(s)? jobsDB’s soon to be launched Company Reviews feature* is an avenue for you to share your experience working for your current or previous employer(s), helping other job seekers make an informed decision when planning their next career move.
- The Company Review feature is currently in the stage of collecting reviews. The official launch will be announced on jobsDB’s website soon.
Medical Sales Representative Cover Letter
Medical Sales Representatives are responsible for selling medical products to doctors, pharmacists, and medical staff. Essential duties of a Medical Sales Representative include scheduling appointments, delivering presentations, identifying potential clients, organizing events for medical staff, maintaining contact databases, making sure sale targets are attained, managing budgets, performing research, writing reports for managers, and reviewing sales performance.
Cover letter samples for Medical Sales Representative should mention job aptitudes such as:
- Knowledge of medical and pharmaceutical products
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Stamina and perseverance
- Selling skills
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to details
- A professional appearance
- Computer literacy
- Effective communication
A Medical Sales Representative cover letter example highlighting comparable skills and qualifications is displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Medical Sales Representative Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Chartier:
Success in the medical sales industry requires perseverance, profit-driven focus, and exceptionally honed interpersonal skills. As an experienced and driven professional with a proven history of enhancing sales and revenue growth while managing trusting client relationships, I stand in a uniquely prime position to significantly contribute to your objectives as your next Medical Sales Representative.
My experience in securing new clients and achieving sales goals positions me to outperform your most challenging medical sales targets. By leveraging an insightful ability to implement forward-thinking sales solutions, I excel at facilitating productive relationships with key decision makers to quickly build profitable and lasting relationships leading to sustained revenue growth.
I invite you to consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Overseeing New England sales territory for Emperion Pharmaceuticals, generating $2.4M in annual sales volume by promoting and selling a range of pharma products to physician offices, medical groups, reference laboratories, and hospital laboratories.
- Achieving top ranking within Emperion for sales performance: Top 25% (#81/354) in ’11, Top 10% (#46/354) in ’13, and Top 5% (#21/354) in ’15.
- Achieving dynamic sales and revenue growth through comprehensive knowledge of sales strategies, medical terminology, product expertise, and promotional efforts.
- Delivering dynamic presentations, building client databases, orchestrating special events, contacting prospective customers, and capitalizing on existing relationships to generate new business/upsales.
- Leveraging superior communication, interpersonal, and time management skills to achieve maximum sales and client satisfaction.
My dedication to forging solid and productive relationships, along with my steadfast dedication to achieving maximum customer service and satisfaction, characterizes my career accomplishments. These skills will quickly allow me to become an immediate producer for Holyoke Medical. I look forward to discussing in further detail how I can impact your bottom line.
Thank you for your consideration.
Michael D. Hodges